Wednesday 28 September 2011

Steering Wheel + Chess Pieces Techinques

For these 2 exercises I read the notes from VLE.

For the Steering Wheel I used the Torus object type.
 
 With that created I tried to model a "steering wood bat". BY using the cone tool I created my shape.
 To get a better rounded shape I used the Chamfer tool at the edge level.
 To complete the Steering wheel I added a small torus and a sphere to the middle. To center them I used the Align tool.


In order to get the chess pieces object I had to read about the lathe tool.


First of all I created a place surface using the exact measurements of my Photoshop files. After I started with the lines. After I added the lines I looked closely in the front view to get the exact shape. But that shape had to be one half.



To complete the exercise I used the Lathe modifier with the Direction set to Y coordinate and the Align to the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment