Saturday 1 October 2011

Designing a Castle


For the castle exercise I decided to search for an image to help me design my own version.


Here is a link to that picture: http://matikibeach.com/medieval-castles-parts-of-a-castle&page=11


I start with the tower because I think I was the most efficient way.I started with a box. In order to work very efficient I didn’t use any segments. But instead I used the Edit Poly method and at the polygon level I decided to Tessellate the top polygon a few times to get the desired amount of polygons. After that I used the Bevel tool plus the Cut tool to get the desired shape. But in order to get a realistic object I deleted some vertexes.
After the first tower was created I dragged another 3 objects to have a castle shape.I used the Move tool + holding down Shift to create a copy.

Between the towers I used a box to start the wall. I left 4 segments for the width section and 16 for the length. In order to get the top walls that surround the bottom wall I used the Extrude tool.

This is an image of the project so far. The 4 towers and a wall between them.

 In order to get a bigger tower I tried to drag the polygons that form the right side. After I duplicated the middle polygons.

 
The same technique I used for the final tower/castle.




 
In order to get the entrance door I modified a cylinder. I took down some sides and moved the vertexes I a way that it the margins look like a door and I used the Boolean tool to carve into the tower.
 
 And this is the final image...





No comments:

Post a Comment