Saturday 15 October 2011

Tie Fighter

My second designing model was the Tie Fighter. For this design I studied the way that the wings were made.
That was my starting point. I created a line and used the Extrude modifier to create the shape that I needed. Later I found out that there was an easier way by using the cylinder object type and reducing the sides value to 6.


After the object was created I used the Extrude tool, at the polygon level in the Edit Poly modifier, to get the margin high.
To create slats that could unite the middle with the edges I used a box. I used the Extrude tool to get the needed high and just moved the vertexes to get a better shape. For the middle shape I duplicated the first line shape and removed the Edit Poly modifier. After I added another Edit Poly modifier and used the Bevel tool to get the needed object shape.


For the other side of the wing i used the same principle but here I had to add more things. First I used the Extrude tool to add another hexagon shape. I created a cylinder with more a lot of sides to get a round looking shape and I used the Align tool to set it to the middle of the hexagon.
The next step was to create a link between the wing and the body. This was obtained using a box for the base. Using the Extrude tool I deleted the front in order to add a rounded cylinder shape and moved the last vertexes, that compose the end of the object, more to the top. I added another box on top of the first one and used the Rotate tool to align them properly. For the box I used the Extrude tool again. When that object was created I used the Mirror tool to have an identical object to the bottom.


And that was it for the Wing.


For the Body I used a sphere. I created a circle and after that I used the Extrude Modifier to get a thicker shape. The Scale tool helped me to make the end of the line smaller and with the Inset tool to create another set of vertexes inside of the object. After that I used the Bevel tool to get the inside of the object corroded.


For the missile launchers I used a circle to start with and the Extrude and Bevel tools to get a good shape.


For the top of the sphere I created an Oil Tank object with more sides. To get the top corroded I used the Pro Boolean method with 4 Boxes.

 And these were all the tools and methods used for creating the Tie Fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment