Thursday 20 October 2011

X Wing

My next designing model was the X Wing. For this ship I watched a tutorial on Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQVaMQOe16M





I started with a box. The using the Move tool I created the shape of the Body.
Using the Extrude, the Move, and the Scale tools I lengthened the Body. At the front of the ship I created an elongated shape, using the same methods.

For the wing I started with a cylinder object. From there I created 2 cap sides. I moved the first set of vertexes, that compose the cap circle, to the end of the cylinder and used the Extrude tool to curve the inside. After that with the first set of the circles vertexes selected I used the Extrude tool to curve another circle inside the cylinder. And the same tool, Extrude was very helpful when I created the slat inside the cylinder.
The same principles were used for the end part of the wing.


For the length of the wing I used a box to start with. After that I used the Edit Poly modifier to move me with the vertexes. And to get to curved shape I added some extra boxes. With the help of the Pro Boolean I created the final piece of the wing.


To get the glass effect I detached the polygons that formed the initial shape. With the help of the Inset tool I created another set of polygons. With those polygons created I deleted the ones that formed the inside shape.


And those were the methods and tools for creating the X Wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment